Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Flying by the seat of your pants

This post could very easily be retitled, "trial by fire" or the "learn as you go" method. Why? Because these popular catch phrases exactly describe this inital blogging process.
"Trial by fire" as defined by Dictionary.com, refers to "a test of one's abilities to perform well under pressure". And doesn't that aptly define us new bloggers? Newbies, we still struggle to put coherent thought on paper and hope for that unique element that drives traffic to our site to...............respond.
Blogging, though, is also a learn as you go practice. I find that when I immerse myself in something new, learn it from the "bottom up", so to speak, I tend to learn it more completely and forget less of what I've learned along the way. Must be the hands-on component that imbeds this new information in my neurons and keeps it easily accessible for future use. So, in time, blogging becomes more natural, like breathing. Easier to put pen to paper maybe but always birthing unique, thought-provoking material. What is a blogger without reactive posts?
A writer in seclusion.

No comments: